Saturday, September 12, 2009

A week later

Sept 9, 2009. Yoga Session #2
Wednesday Week 2

It’s a week later from the last yoga session, and this time it’s a lot better. Not only am I no longer stressing about my MCAT exam, but I had a good holiday (Labor day) and have finally taken exercising and eating healthy seriously. It’s much easier now that I'm getting full nights of sleep although I do wake up in the middle of the night and have to read myself back to sleep.

Yoga was interesting today, although it was relaxing I felt myself wanting to compete with those around me. The two girls to my left seemed like they had been to yoga before. Or at the very least seemed flexible. Extending their kicks and holding up positions without their legs twitching like mine did. Actually my whole body was shaking; it seemed like today’s sonic boom. But I’m not worry I know right now I have a week body core, my center position is really off and my studying hasn’t helped align my back. But the yoga instructor said it’s normal to shake and sweat.

Sweating is kind of a problem and I must remember to bring a hand towel because my hands and feet and the rest of me sweat, not a lot but enough so that I feel like I am slipping on the mat. I tried looking around and no one else seems to be slipping but hey maybe they don’t sweat as much as I do. Its good to sweat in yoga it releases all the negative toxins. I have also noticed that yoga is improving my digestive system and I am very happy about that because I believe it will improve my metabolism.

The poses we did today were Warrior One. Warrior one is suppose to help tone the hips and legs and release the stiff in your shoulders and back. I have to remember that when I am menstruating I should practice this poses because it alleviates cramping while toning my abs. Start in a runner lunge but standing, with your front leg bent at a 90 degree angle and the back leg straight. Make sure the heels are in a line and your back toes should be facing to the side. The hips should be squared and facing forward and your arms high in the air straight.

Overall I am really enjoying yoga, and hope I do well!

No comments:

Post a Comment