Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Creative Yoga

November 18, 2009 Yoga Session 20
Wednesday Week 12


I was actually really excited for todays class, i came in with the need to do the wheel, the pedant and the tripod. It was nice to do yoga today, it was definitely what I needed after a full night of writing a paper and working on a presentation. I did well on my presentation so i was happy going into Yoga.

Before our yoga session i set out to prove to myself that i could stop counting breathes, do the pedant and also relax and release some anxiety. Alma and I walked in and started practicing but we werent warmed up yet so it was a little bit harder than it was later in the workout but finally we did it and when we did it was alot easier and it definitely happened and it was very fulfilling.

Another part of todays instructions was that for about ten or fifteen minutes we got to do yoga on our own. It was nice because we were already in vinyasa and in free flow moving with our body. The way i did it was i started with a forward fold that went into warrior 2 into triangle into inversions into warrior 2 and back into downward facing dog. Each of this poses i held for about 5 or 6 breathes.And then i did it again but on the other side. It felt really free and liberating. Then i did a simple sun salutation C.

After that we got started on faster vinyasa yoga and i started sweating alot. We did some inversions and today we also did the boat and the locust which felt really good and opened up my back. I really liked todays practice and we also got to relax and at the end of it i was really happy and less stressed. Which is what i wanted. Overall i love my semester with Yoga!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment