Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Be Silent!! Be Still!!!

November 4, 2009 Yoga Session 17
Wednesday Week 10


Wow todays session of yoga was a more athletic type of Yoga. One in which we moved alot, we did stretch alot but we also moved more rythmically to our breathes. As we inhaled we moved into a new asana and as we exhaled we moved back to our central strengthening core position.

Today was nice because we did a sun salutation with the instructor and then we did it again two more times on our own. Now this may not sound like such a big deal but to me it is because i can go at my own pace with my eyes closed and finally feel like im entering a state of relaxation.

We have got use to our warrior poses but now i am focusing on dropping my hips lower and holding them still longer. My triangles are also lower and more straight but what i have realized is that i am again shaky like i was two months ago. And although in the past i wouldnt have pushed myself so i wouldnt look like a novice or beginner now i dont care, because i have realized that no one is even looking at me.

Today sharkie also taught us how to breathe easily by breathing like darth vater she asked us to breathe like he breathes and i couldnt help but say "Luke I am your father" haha!!! I always have to have fun, even when im relaxing. We learned a new twist today from the pigeon pose it was a deep stretch. It was nice, and i do feel like today i broke out a sweat because we were moving so fast, in a vinyasa!!!

During our final relaxation period it was once again hard for me to stay still but i accomplished it at times! I kept repeating be silent, be still! Be Silent! Be Still! It helped me lay still and focus on my breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment