Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Coming back to Yoga

October 28, 2009 Yoga Session # 15
Wednesday Week 9


This week we only had yoga once a week because our yoga instructor had to go get an MRI on Monday so we didnt have class. I was looking forward to doing the youga class either else where or trying to do the Asana poses by myself for about an hour and a half but because of all the work i had piled up it became hard to force myself to do it, so instead of doing yoga I ended up going to the gym and running for about an hour. It wasnt the same but it was still exercise and a bit of mental relaxation.

This yoga session did feel a little more difficult. It was difficult for me to do alot of the poses that i usually do no problem. I felt tight and i kept falling especially on the balancing poses. After a bit of stretching and focusing on my breathing it did become a little easier for me to holed poses longer and according to my breath. I have really come to enjoy Yoga and realize that i am becoming more flexible.

As usual we started with some basic stretch poses and moved into asana poses that moved with our breathes. We did warrior sets and some triangles. The triangles and warrior poses are a big part of our yoga sessions and its becoming easier to move without thinking about what the poses are with my eyes closed which i believe helps me relax a lot more.

This week we also tried to do the pendant pose but i failed miserably i was able to hold it with a little momentum going but not for long :( Oh well ill keep practicing and hopefully get it. The pendant pose is like a squat but balanced on our hands with our knees lifted slightly off the floor and our knees on our elbows. It is an arm balance pose that strengthens the core or abdominal area.

No comments:

Post a Comment